Friday 26 March 2010

Recovering!!

Well, its been 5 short weeks since I had my Right Total Hip Replacement. I have had had my ups and downs but I think I am on finally on the right track now.
I went into the surgery with great expectations, and I wasn't at all nervous. I just wanted to get it done and get rid of the incredible pain I was suffering.
I began "preparing" for it on 28th Dec 2009, when I gave up smoking. Wow! 31 years I had been burning my money, and my health!!
B
I had no trouble stopping, either and by the time I got onto surgery, my lungs were back in pretty good shape.
The op, took almost 4 hours and when I came round, for a split second as the pain hit me, I remember thinking, "What the hell have I done?" but then I thought about the "other" "normal" pain I always had and kind of told myself to "get on with it" and dozed back off.
It was a couple of days before they let me start to "walk" on my new hip as I had a few problems with my low blood pressure and they kept telling me to drink more. Of course, I wouldn't have been able to keep goin to the loo to "get rid" of all this excess fluid so they left my catheter in, which got fuller and fuller and my bp got lower and lower.. so they decided to let me do it myself and miraculously everything went normal. And "walking" with a frame for 24 hours was fine, but physio soon put me on crutches. Once I had mastered the art of going up and down stairs, they allowed me out of hospital, into Terry's "care". Which I am afraid is laughable.

Thank god, my son Kev had split with his long time girlfriend and had moved back in with us, at least he was here, and my daughter and son in law were only 3 doors away if required. Honestly, I can't believe, I have looked after him, his 2 kids, his home and his business, cooked, cleaned and done his laundry all at the same time for him, and he has had such a hard time looking after me, its unbeleivable. I have really struggled to do laundry and washing up. Meals have been horrible. I am fat and uncomfortable. While I was in hospital, he had no idea of how to take bookings and lost a lot of money as he didn't keep a record of who had paid for journeys or not.

When I got back I was using both crutches for 2 weeks, then 1 crutch for another 2 weeks then for the last week I have been using nothing. I have been very disappointed because I am still limping and am pretty sure that I will end up with a new knee or have the tendons tightened. I even put my brace on, but all that did was hurt my hip trying to bend to do it up!!
There has been no follow up treatment or after care from the hospital so I don't know if things are going ok.
The trouble with being as young as me, there aren't really any other people my age to talk to who have had it done. Its all oap's. I actually found a group on Facebook, that is full of youngnpatients, so that has been very helpful. I have an appointment at the hospital on Monday to see my consultant... can't wait to be honest. I have a massive list of questions about the op i had, and the next one.

Apart from the THR, I have had a lot of reflection time on my hands and I have had some terrible post op depression. All that positive work I did on myself flew right out the window!! I have a lot "I want to do's" and keep looking for ways to make them realities.
Around Christmas, i am sure I was shown or I saw how to make my dreams come true,If only I could remeber now!!!
I want to do 3 or 4 online courses with Lisa Williams over the next 3 weeks to a month to improve my psychic awareness.
Also I've been offered 2 jobs in 2 weeks. One is unpaid, although i can keep what I make and sell what I make, so its not as if I am totally doing it for naught. The other is for administrator at a training company. I was asked about that one, because they like my telephone manner, lol. I really could do with a change, and also we could do with an independant wage coming in. I hope it comes up soon, soI have to make my mind up supper quick!
Well my bed really is calling me, so i have to go, goonight x

No comments:

Post a Comment